Welcome Back to In-Person Worship July 5th
The Administrative Board approved a plan for resuming in-person worship which assures worshippers’ safety. The plan is based on the recommendations of the Johnson County Health Department and models John Wesley’s focus on good health and hygiene. Even though church will be different, these measures are for the health of everyone in worship.
Plan for July 5-26
· Services will be offered at 8:30 am and 11 am.
· Guests will be greeted at two outside doors: Atrium & Playground.
· Masks are expected and one will be available if you have none.
· The Jamaica Mission team will offer a temperature scan at the door.
· Guests will go directly to sanctuary door, maintaining social distance at noted by the floor decals.
· Children will remain with their parents during worship because no nursery or children’s programming will be available.
· Worshippers will be guided to seats in the sanctuary.
· Immediately following the service, guests will be asked to leave the church building in order to limit the chance of infection.
· Beginning July 1, the church office will also again open. Small groups and committees can once again meet in the church by making arrangements with Jim Duncan.
If for any reason you are uncomfortable attending in person, please feel free to stay home, joining us at 9:30 am on the church’s Facebook page.
Rev. Peter Norton John Culp
Senior Pastor First UMC Chair of Church Council